There has been a church on the site since the 12th century, but as the pedlar tale tells, it was rebuilt in 1454. It is acknowledged as one of the finest medieval churches in Norfolk.
The church is built from Barnack stone, a type of limestone quarried near Stamford in Lincolnshire.
|The hammer beam roof|
The exterior of the church features a magnificent stone frieze with roundels, some containing the crossed keys of St Peter and others with the crossed swords of St Paul.
The tower, with its ring of eight bells, has a very impressive fleche (arrow) spire.